I've been lucky enough to share Baking Legend Allyson Gofton's delicious self-saucing blueberry pudding and it's just the night for eating it!
1½ cups self-raising flour
75g butter, diced
½ cup sugar
grated zest and juice of 1 orange
1 cup milk
1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen and defrosted
½ cup blueberry jam
½ cup sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Lightly grease a 6-cup capacity ovenproof dish.
2. Sift the flour into a bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
3. Stir in the sugar and orange zest and make a well in the centre.
4. Pour the milk into the well and add the blueberries. Mix with a slotted spoon to form a stiff
5. Spread the batter into the prepared dish.
6. To prepare the sauce, add enough boiling water to the orange juice to make one and a half cups.
Stir in the blueberry jam and the sugar. Pour over the batter.
7. Bake for 45 minutes or until the sponge top is cooked in the centre.
8. Sprinkle with icing sugar before serving. Delicious accompanied with whipped cream. Serves six
Reproduced with permission from Sweet: Treats to Share. Published by Penguin Group NZ. RRP $45.00. Copyright recipe © Allyson Gofton, 2014. Copyright photography © Alan Gillard, 2014. Available nationwide
Share this post